Covid Passports for Travel
Please plan ahead to avoid disappointment!
- We would suggest that you download your COVID passport for travel from the NHS App at the same time as booking your holiday. We are receiving many calls from patients travelling in the next couple of days who then discover they can’t access their COVID passport from the NHS App. Although the QR code expires after 4 weeks, once you have the App, you can refresh the status each time you need it by logging into the COVID Pass service to generate a new QR code.
- The NHS App is operated by a separate arm of the NHS called NHS Digital and we have no control over it or ability to influence what patients can and cannot see.
- If you have Patient Access, you can also download a digital passport on your mobile device.
If you are travelling abroad, please make an appointment with our practice nurse at the earliest opportunity for hygiene and vaccination advice relating to the country and area you are visiting. If vaccinations are required, some courses take several weeks to deliver and to take effect.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required at the below link:
Visit Fitfortravel to find out more information about countries and vaccinations required.
It is important to make your initial appointment with our nurse as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful on-line guide is offered with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click here
INDEX - Services
- Online Consultation
- The NHS App
- Test Results
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Flu Vaccination
- Private Fees
- Summary Care Record
- Access to NHS Dentistry
- Chronic Illness Management
- Health Clinics
- Men's Health
- Other Services
- Referrals & Transport
- Sexual Health
- Text and Video Consulting
- Travel Clinic
- Women's Health
- Find NHS Services
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.