Full Time Receptionist/Admin
- Job title: Full Time Receptionist/Admin
- Hours: 37.5
- Responsible to: Patient Services Manager / Reception Supervisor
- Job purpose: · Greet patients and visitors in an efficient and courteous manner · Provide an effective and polite telephone enquiry service · Proactively communicate information between relevant patients, doctors and other healthcare professionals
Main duties and responsibilities
- Greet patients and visitors to the practice.
- Book in patients and visitors in line with practice appointments’ and visitors’ procedures.
- Respond to and/or direct all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly.
- Ensure computerised appointment system is up-to-date.
- Book, amend and cancel patient appointments.
- Ensure reception and clinical areas are ready for each session.
- Register new patients on the computer system.
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of patient information, both computerised and manual.
- Distribute completed prescriptions.
- Chaperone patients where necessary.
- Be the Practice first point of contact for anything EMIS related.
- Check that answering machine service has correctly switched to night service at close of practice each day.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times and comply with all aspects of Data Protection Act.
- Maintain security of building at all times (unlock building in the morning and check and lock all windows and lock all internal and external doors at night, setting alarm if last out).
- Follow practice procedures in the event of a fire.
- Undertake statutory and mandatory training.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time-to-time.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Monitor the Practice e-consult account daily and allocate to relevant member of staff.
- Monitor, respond and allocate appropriately any correspondence from the Practice general enquiries e-mail account on a daily basis.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING||Essential||Desirable|
|Good standard of general education||X|
|NVQ in Customer Service||X|
|Practical experience of working with others||X|
|Experience of using own initiative||X|
|Experience of customer service||X|
|Experience of working within a General Practice Reception environment||X|
|Practical experience of computerised recording systems||X|
|Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral)||X|
|Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines||X|
|Negotiation and conflict management skills||X|
|Problem solving skills||X|
|Planning and organising||X|
|Performing under pressure||X|
|An understanding of a General Practice environment||X|
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.